Today Margaret was here and decided to pay a bill via her bank's site on our computer. She couldn't sign in using Chrome. There was a pop-up message that said the problem was with cookies. Tom went into Chrome preferences, and saw that the "block third party cookies and site data" was checked so he unchecked it, and voila, Margaret could get into her account, and I am now signed into my blog via Chrome.
So, here is what had happened. About a month ago, we started getting weird spam in our email inbox. Tom thought maybe it had to do with cookies so he went into Chrome and checked the box that said: "block third party cookies and site data." This is what made it impossible for me to post on my blog via Chrome. So now, I'm all set.
I posted to a Google forum the other day about the problem, and I got an email back that I hadn't had a chance to read yet. I just did so, and it said to try to "enable third party cookies."
I thank you all for your responses to my post about maybe switching to Wordpress. I still may do so, but for now will just stay here.