Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Today's Christmas cd/These Are Special Times

Celine Dion
These Are Special Times
1998

I am a huge fan of Celine Dion, and I'll bet you'd never guess that in the car, all alone, I sing just like her!

This is a wonderful, wonderful Christmas album. It is an eclectic mix of religious and secular, solemn and fun; each one full of the special joy of this season. Just the other day, David Foster was on Canadian radio talking about the song he co-wrote with Carol Bayer Sager called The Prayer. He said it has the very interesting distinction of being sung at both funerals and weddings. On this cd, Celine sings it with the great Andrea Bocelli and it makes me cry every time.

I pray you'll be our eyes, and watch us where we go
And help us to be wise in times when we don't know
Let this be our prayer, when we lose our way
Lead us to the place, guide us with your grace
To a place where we'll be safe

Here's one of my favorites called Another Year Has Gone By.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I love Celine and also Enya. I have "And Winter Came" playing at the moment. Blessings to you this early morning. So happy I found you among the journaling world.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.