Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Daylily season

Often I wonder how gardeners fared before the great surge of modern daylilies, as they are a mainstay of the summer garden.
Henry Mitchell, One Man's Garden

They surely are the "mainstay" of my garden, and all the gardens I see as I drive along. They are out in profusion; in dooryards, along stone walls, in borders, next to mailboxes. Everywhere I look. Orange, of course, but also many shades of yellow and pink. They are the most joyful flower. Reaching those blooms high, waving in the slightest breeze as if to say, "hello, it's summer!"









2 comments:

  1. As always, your photos are so nice to come home and see after a long day in the office. :-) Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thank you for taking the time to drop by. How I love these daylilies.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.