Thursday, March 8, 2007

Today's cd/That Old Feeling



Zoot Sims Quartet/That Old Feeling/1956

The new Bose came today, and this is the first cd I put in. If I ever had to go to the proverbial desert island, and could bring only one cd, it would be this one. It is always fresh, always interesting, always so beautiful. I'm a latecomer to Zoot Sims, having bought my first cd only four years ago, but I'm a huge fan now. I had heard him on the Rushmore soundtrack, and just had to have the featured song, Blinuet. This cd is like yoga, soothing and energizing at the same time. A masterpiece.

You may listen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.