Friday, June 19, 2009

Persephone titles on National Public Radio

Jessa Crispin recently wrote a review of Cheerful Weather for the Wedding by Julia Strachey on NPR. An excerpt is included.

There is another Persephone offering here; Little Boy Lost by Marghanita Laski. Again the reviewer is Jessa Crispin, and she says:

we feel so close to the characters we can hear them breathing.

Both these books are high on my list for next year's purchases.

The NPR book site is a wonderful source of book information.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I also like their poetry readings by Garrison Keilor. I wish there were other stations like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't actually listen much to the station but I love the book and music pages online. If you are near enough to Canada, or can listen online, the CBC is a great, great station, my fave in the world.

    http://www.cbc.ca/radio/

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.