Thursday, April 10, 2008

Today's poem - The Wash by James Hayford

The Wash
by James Hayford

Already on the line
Sunning and well astir,
The wash'll be dry by nine
Or earlier.

The catbird in the bush
Is helping things along;
He gives the air a push
With his mad song.


You may find two other Hayford poems I have featured here and here.

I've just begun hanging clothes again, and though there isn't a catbird, the song sparrow who returned this week is doing a wonderful job of giving "the air a push." Isn't that the best image?!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, please, please do. Better yet, here's the title of his book - Knee-Deep in Blazing Snow. Oh, how I love it. He should be much better known.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nan, I just sent you an email about clotheslines and books, but it came back to me. I wanted to share a poem with you as well that you might want to use for another post...we can never get enough of your quotes/books/posts!
    Thanks,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love that! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.